1-Turkish High school graduates. We accept applications with a score of MF3 (Math and Fen (science)-3) category from Turkish LYS (Lisans yerleştirme Sınavı) exam. The exam and final placement process is managed by the Turkish High education selection and placement center (ÖSYM).
2-Foreign high school graduates
We also accept students from outside Turkey with following criteria.
2.a. The students with a valid Turkish passport and has studied all 4 years of high school outside the Turkey can apply for International medical school. They have to send following documents to the Medipol University either by mail or personally.
2.a.1-Notarized copy of the Turkish passport
2.a.2 Notarized and translated copy of the hıgh school diploma. It should be approved by a
Turkish consulate indicated that it is equal to a Turkish high school diploma.
2.a.3 High school transcript, need Turkish translation, approved by notary public and Turkish consulate
2.a.4. A score of university entrance exam i.e.: SAT, Abitur, French baccalaureate, approved by notary public.
2.a.5: Photograph for identity
2.a.6. Application form filled. link
2.b.The graduate students from foreign high schools. They have to provide following documents
2.b.1: Copy of the high school diploma
2.b.2: A score of following university entrance exams
- SAT-1: with a score of 1000 or above,
- YOS (Yüksek öğrenim Sınavı): minimum score of 60 out of 100,
- Abitur: minimum score of 4,
- Diploma Debirestan or Piştaneşgani (Iran diploma) minimum score of 15 (out of 20),
- French baccalaureate: minimum score of 12,
- Syrian baccalaureate (Al-Shahada-Al Thanawiniyy) scientific stream:
- 180 (out of 240) or above for medical dental or pharmacy school
- 170 or above for other schools
- Jordan and Palestine: Tawjihi exam/ scientific stream, minimum score of 70
- GCE Exam: level A from 3 subjects provided that one of them is in the subject of applied discipline
- ACT: Minimum score of 22 for medical pharmacy and dental schools, minimum of 20 for other schools
- Lebanese baccalaureate/scientific stream: minimum score of 15
- Studens with golden, silver or bronze medals from International scientific Olympics organized or recognized by Tubitak
- China: Gaokao exam: A minimum score of 480 out of 750
- Kazakistan: National University test: minimum score of 90 out of 120
- Libya: Al Shahada al Thanawiyya (scientific stream): minimum score of 180 out of 240 for engineering schools,
- Indonesia: Ujian Nasional (UNA): minimum score of 60
2.b.3 Notarized copy of the passport
For further questions please go to http://www.medipol.edu.tr/Document/Galeri/Dokuman/dokumangalerisi/YabanciUyrukluOgrenciKabulu/2017-2018%20kabul%20%C5%9Fartlar%C4%B1.pdf
Lateral transfer (yatay geçiş) from Another school
1- Lateral transfer from another Turkish school
The transfer process is managed under the rules and regulations by the Turkish High Education Council regarding the transfer of records between the programs (bachelor-lisans, associate degree-ön lisans, double major) provided by high education institutions, and regulations of the Medipol University which was governed by the University senate.
There are 2 ways of lateral transferring the records between 2 institutions
Transfer based on Additional item-1,
If a student has a central placement exam (mainly LYS exam) score (at the admission year) which is higher than the lowest score of the desired school that the student wishes to transfer, the student becomes eligible to apply for transfer to desired school. A student can apply for transfer at the end of the prep year or at any time except 1 st year.
A student can apply to transfer to a different program (i.e. from medicine to pharmacy) or from a program in the baccalaureate category to associate degree category or vice versa.
According to additional item-1 rule, a student can transfer the school only once during the entire education. However they can return to their original school (the school where they were placed by OSYS after the initial exam).
Transfer based on achievement scores
Any student from domestic or international institutions can apply to transfer to Medipol University provided that he has a minimum passing score of 60/100 at the end of the education year when the transfer is being requested.
One cannot make transfer to the preparation year, to the first or last semester of an associate degree program or baccalaureate program. In this category of transfer, one cannot transfer the schools between different programs.
The eligibility for lateral transfer at the Medipol University
The lateral transfer procedures are performed according to ‘‘directions for Lateral transfer’’ decided by Medipol University Senate which is based on the regulations for lateral transfer between associate degree and baccalaureate programs’’ governed by Turkish High Education council
There are 2 ways of lateral transfer at the Medpol University
Lateral Transfer based on Additional item-1,
If a student has a central placement exam (mainly LYS exam) score (at the admission year) which is higher than the lowest score of the desired school that the student wishes to transfer, the student becomes eligible to apply for transfer to desired school program. A student can apply for transfer at the end of the prep year or at any time except 1 st year.
A student can apply to transfer to a different program (i.e. from medicine to pharmacy) or from a program in the license category to prelicense or vice versa.
Lateral Transfer based on achievement score:
• A student can apply for transfer if he has completed and passed all the courses in his/her program and he/she has a minimum average score (GANO) of 2,91 (out of 4) at the associated degree (ön lisans) programs and 3,3 at the baccalaureate (Lisans) programs. A student with highest scores in his/her class, does not need to have aforementioned scores.
• One cannot make transfer to the preparation year, to the first or last semester of an associate degree program or baccalaureate program.
• In this category of transfer, one can transfer the schools between different (from associate degree program to another associate degree program or from a baccalaureate program to another baccalaureate program) programs.
• At the time of application, student must have passed the exams from a preparation year courses to be exempted from relevant requirements i.e. language course. A previously earned exempt status from another program is honored at the time of transfer.
• An applicant should be active student at the time of application. However if a student has frozen her account, is still eligible for transfer.
• After 2015, a student in medicine has to have minimum rank of 40.000 at the student placement exam (LYS Sınavı) managed by OSYM in Turkey.
The transfer applications are managed by a commission nominated by the school management committee (fakülte yönetim kurulu).